profishingrods.com
profishingrods.com May 27, 2018


At least 19 dead after double-decker bus crash in Hong Kong

11 February 2018, 07:13 | Devin Moran

19 Killed, Dozens Injured in Hong Kong Bus Crash

Central govn't sends condolences over HK bus crash

Some of the injured told Apple Daily that the driver had been 10 minutes late and began driving faster after passengers complained.

At least 15 men and three women have been killed after a KMB double-decker bus lost control on Tai Po Road in Hong Kong's New Territories on Saturday evening.

Firefighters dig through debris after a deadly bus crash on Saturday in Hong Kong. Nineteen people were killed and 65 injured, according to local police.

Another 47 people were injured and taken to hospitals, including 19 in serious condition, the Hospital Authority said.

The 30-year-old bus driver was arrested by the police for alleged risky driving causing death and grievous bodily harm. "He is still being detained for further enquiries", police said in a statement early today.




Hong Kong's double-decker buses can accommodate around 140 seated and standing passengers, depending upon the model.

Rescuers cut open the top of the bus to save the passengers trapped inside.

He also called on the government to address the issue of many drivers working overly long hours.

The site of the accident has been cordoned off, while an investigation is underway.

Chief Executive Carrie Lam said the government is "deeply grieved" by the accident. In 2008, 18 were killed after a bus crashed in Sai Kung.



Other News

Trending Now

Trump orders Democrats to rewrite memo claiming it's 'too long & political'
Some Republicans have claimed the Democratic memo involved more substantial information about law enforcement sources and methods. On Tuesday, Kelly told reporters that Trump hadn't yet read the 10-page Democratic rebuttal because it's "quite lengthy".

Conte seriously anxious about Morata
He has a problem and we're struggling to solve the pain he has. He added: "Giroud has trained and will be in contention.

Kangana Ranaut dismisses rumours over romantic sequence in Manikarnika
This time it's Kangana Ranaut-starrer Manikarnika , which has caught the eye of a Brahmin group from Rajasthan. Kangana, who is in the city to shoot for the film, said the crew is hurt by such allegations.

Winter Olympics kicks off with historic handshake
The North has sent 22 athletes and hundreds of cheerleaders, performers and taekwondo demonstrators to PyeongChang . He criticized the Trump administration for straining too hard to signal disgust of Kim Jong Un's government.

Olympic ceremony 'a symbol of how things might be'
His father and President Trump have both stated unequivocally that he was the victim of torture by Kim Jong Un's regime. An early shot by North Korea's Han Soojin might have made a statement, if not altered the outcome.

Walt Disney Co (NYSE:DIS) Stake Lowered by Barings LLC
Alphamark Advisors Limited Co stated it has 0.01% in ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP). 1,192 were reported by Global X Management Ltd Co. Zacks Investment Research upgraded shares of Walt Disney from a sell rating to a hold rating in a report on Tuesday, January 2nd.

Virginia Tech Upsets #2 UVa 61-60 in Overtime
Earlier this week, the now number one ranked Villanova Wildcats lost to the St.John's Red Storm in a Big East conference game. The Cavaliers inability to get the ball inside proved to be their demise as they scored just 14 points in the paint.

Winter Olympics 2018: Chris Mazdzer wins historic silver in men's singles luge
Far more heartbreaking was Loch; he hopped just the tiniest bit on his final run, enough to drop him into fifth. It's no surprise, Mazdzer's second run was the fastest in that heat demonstrating he was capable of medaling.

Trump tells Israel peace means compromise; USA envoy under fire
All of the other presidents failed to keep this promise, despite the fact that they promised it during their election campaign. And I think it was a very important point.

United Kingdom govt to meet Oxfam Monday over Haiti prostitutes probe
Speaking to Sky News, former minister for global development Andrew Mitchell said the report was one of "utter horror". The charity said it had publicly announced an investigation into the allegations when they surfaced seven years ago.