New York county bans unvaccinated minors in public as measles spreads
Purdue Pharma to settle allegations it illegally marketed OxyContin
Connecticut US lawmakers react to Barr’s summary of Mueller report
Congo's Ebola epidemic exceeds 1,000 cases
Drinking Hot Beverages Like Tea Linked to Esophageal Cancer
Trump Signs Bill to Combat Online Sex Trafficking
12 April 2018, 10:02 | Randall Craig
Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published broadcast rewritten or redistributed
"I thank you, Mr. President, so much for signing this bill into law", she said, addressing President Trump.
"FOSTA gives prosecutors the tools they need", said Rep. Ann Wagner (R-Mo.), chief sponsor of the bill, "to ensure that no online business can ever approach the size of Backpage again".
"We're with you 1,000 percent", the president told her. "I received a text message from the Manhattan DA last night that said we have already shut down 87 percent, 87 percent, of online sex trafficking ads out there, and we're after the remaining 13 percent". Seven people associated with the website were recently indicted on charges of facilitating prostitution, conspiracy and money laundering.
The law passed Congress overwhelmingly. It was spurred from a Senate investigation into Backpage.com, the online classified ad site that had "knowingly concealed" evidence of criminal sex trafficking through its site and facilitated child sex trafficking, according to the Senate's findings.
The bipartisan Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act would clarify Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to ensure that websites that knowingly facilitate sex trafficking can be held liable so that victims can get justice.
Wagner first became involved in anti-trafficking advocacy efforts when she was a USA ambassador to Luxembourg.
LG Confirms to Launch LG G7 ThinQ on 2nd May
Power consumption won't be affected however, as the G7 ThinQ will use LG's M+ technology which features in the company's TVs. LG has seemingly struck a deal with Google to include "LG-exclusive device-specific tasks" on the G7.
Sixers reach 50-win plateau
Ben Simmons added 16 points, seven rebounds and nine assists, and Robert Covington had 15 points and 10 rebounds. Averaging 16 points per game, Simmons has become more of a scorer in the absence of Joel Embiid .