Two More Boys Reportedly Rescued From Thai Cave As Second Operation Continues
11 Июля 2018, 12:58 | Devin Moran
Thailand cave rescue: Elon Musk team working on escape pod design
The outlet reported that eight boys remain inside the cave. Officials have said storms forecast for Chiang Rai province in Thailand's far north had factored into their decision to go ahead with a complicated and risky plan to have the boys and their coach dive out of the cave. Following a night-time stop of the operation, the daring attempt resumed on Monday morning. He was taken by helicopter and ambulance to the same hospital in Chiang Rai where the first four boysrescued Sunday by a team of worldwide and Thai dive experts are being treated.
But the rains stopped on Monday, and the mission resumed at 11 a.m. local time. Authorities have said extracting the entire team from the cave could take up to four days, but Sunday's success raised hopes that it could be done faster.
The rescue mission began on Sunday and involved 90 expert divers - 40 from Thailand and 50 from other countries.
An ambulance leaves the cave in northern Thailand hours after the operation began to rescue the trapped soccer players and their coach.
Last Monday they were discovered huddled on a narrow rock shelf deep within the flooded cave system.
However, after news of the rescue of four boys emerged, Musk tweeted, "Hopefully useful".
A video published by the Thai PBS channel earlier on Monday also showed a person on a stretcher - most likely the first boy to be rescued on Monday - being transferred to a helicopter.
Authorities then struggled to determine the best way to save the "Wild Boars", with the group stuck on a shelf above the floodwaters in pitch darkness.
Among the ideas were drilling an escape route through the mountain, or leaving them for months until the monsoon season ended and the flooding subsided. Monsoon flooding cut off their escape and prevented rescuers from finding them for nearly 10 days.
The first stage of the mission ran "smoothly" and the rescued boys were in "good health", according to the Thai authorities.
Among these were that none of the boys had scuba diving experience and that they could easily panic while swimming underwater in darkness.
First of all, four of the boys were successfully extracted from the cave system. Some are not even strong swimmers, and have had to learn to dive in conditions that claimed the life of a former Thai Navy SEAL on Friday. But the rescue was prodded into action by the threat of a fresh round of rains and falling oxygen levels in the cave.
Four boys were rescued on Monday evening following the four who were bought safely out of the cave on Sunday.
The rescues were carried out with a diver holding each boy underneath him as they swam through the cave, the boy breathing through a mask and attached by a tether, while another diver swam in front of them, Narongsak said.
The next phase of the operation would start sometime today after rescue teams replenish the supply of oxygen tanks along the route. There was no word on the condition of the fifth boy brought out earlier on Monday.
Authorities have not confirmed the identity of the first four boys freed. "The children complained that they were hungry and wanted holy basil stir-fried rice".
The boys, who have not been identified, were kept away from visitors due to concerns about possible infection.
At the hospital in Chiang Rai, green canvas sheets had been put up to block the entrance from view. The names of those rescued have not been released.
При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна. «» 2007 - 2018 Copyright. Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Princess Charlotte waves at christening
Both Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle looked gorgeous, as usual, but Princess Charlotte pulled off a wonderful look as well. It's also where the coffin of Diana, Princess of Wales laid for a week before her burial.
India can build on T20 success, Pandya says
That was just the flawless platform for a middle-order that boasted of Alex Hales, Eoin Morgan, Ben Stokes and Jonny Bairstow. Roy, on the other hand, reached his third T20I half-century off only 23 balls, inclusive of four fours and five sixes.